Export Growth Program
Grow your export sales outside Nova Scotia
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018-19 fiscal year. Be sure to download the new Export Growth Program Application Form and refer to the Guidelines and FAQ for program changes.
The Export Growth Program supports businesses looking to increase their export sales outside of Nova Scotia. The program provides financial incentives for projects that assist a business’ ability to overcome barriers to export growth. This includes:
- supporting travel to market associated with visiting a client, potential partner, or investor in another market, or inviting a foreign client and/or potential partner to visit the Nova Scotia operation; and
- mitigating trade show/conference costs by funding floor space, conference fees, travel and accommodation costs.
The Export Growth Program contributes up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $15,000 CAD for a business to:
- Travel to a new market outside of Nova Scotia* to attend a trade show, conference or to visit clients, potential partners or investors;
- Have foreign clients, potential partners or investors visit the business’ Nova Scotia facilities for the first time.
A business with revenue growth of at least 15% in its previous fiscal year will be eligible for up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $25,000 CAD. The business must validate that minimum revenue growth by providing NSBI with either of the following:
- review engagement financial statements for its previous fiscal year;
- copies of the GST 34 return showing revenue on line 101 for its previous fiscal year and the fiscal year prior; or
- copies of the General Index of Financial Information form showing revenue on line 8299 for its previous fiscal year and fiscal year prior.
Applications for the Export Growth Program will be accepted anytime until February 1, 2019.
Applications will ONLY be considered for travel between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
How to Apply
- DOWNLOAD the Export Growth Program Application Form and SAVE it to your computer.
The application form is a fillable PDF* which means you can conveniently complete it electronically on your computer. You must, however, open it in Adobe® Acrobat Reader and save it to your computer before completing the fields in the application form.
- Once complete, please email your copy of the Export Growth Program Application Form to email@example.com
For complete program details, please refer to the following:
Project funding is discretionary and will be awarded on a competitive basis.