Export Growth Program
Does your business' export plan include travelling outside of the province?
The application period is now closed.
The Export Growth Program supports businesses looking to increase their export sales outside of Nova Scotia. The program provides financial incentives for projects that assist a business’ ability to overcome barriers to export growth. This includes:
- supporting travel to market associated with visiting a client, potential partner, or investor in another market, or inviting a foreign client and/or potential partner to visit the Nova Scotia operation; and
- mitigating trade show/conference costs by funding floor space, conference fees, travel and accommodation costs.
The Export Growth Program contributes up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $15,000 CAD for a business to:
- Travel to a market outside of Nova Scotia to attend a trade show, conference or to visit clients, potential partners or investors;
- Have foreign clients, potential partners or investors visit the business’ Nova Scotia facilities for the first time.
A business with revenue growth of at least 15% in its previous complete fiscal year may be eligible for up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $25,000 CAD. The business must validate that minimum revenue growth by providing NSBI with any one of the following:
- review engagement financial statements for its previous complete fiscal year;
- copies of the GST 34 return showing revenue on line 101 for its last complete fiscal year and the previous complete fiscal year; or
- copies of the General Index of Financial Information form showing revenue on line 8299 for its last complete fiscal year and the previous complete fiscal year.
Applications for the Export Growth Program must be received by 5:00pm (Atlantic Standard Time) on January 15, 2020.
Applications will ONLY be considered for travel between April 1, 2019 and March 31, 2020.
How to Apply
- DOWNLOAD the Export Growth Program Application Form and SAVE it to your computer.
The application form is a fillable PDF* which means you can conveniently complete it electronically on your computer. You must, however, open it in Adobe® Acrobat Reader and save it to your computer before completing the fields in the application form.
- Once complete, please email your copy of the Export Growth Program Application Form to email@example.com
For complete program details, please refer to the following:
Project funding is discretionary and will be awarded on a competitive basis.