Nova Scotia Exporters Celebrated at Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
For the first time, two companies were celebrated as the 2018 Nova Scotia Exporters of the Year at the 34th annual Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards. Spring Loaded Technology was awarded the accolade of Exporter of the Year, under $5 million, and Tony’s Meats received the prize for Exporter of the Year, over $5 million.
“Congratulations to all the award winners and nominees,” said Premier Stephen McNeil. “Your hard work and passion for your business is admirable and will no doubt inspire others to step into exporting.”
This year’s awards operated under a revised format, with two exporters of the year and five new award categories to honor a wide array of exports.
The awards were given out today, June 12, at Pier 21 in Halifax.
Category winners are:
- New Exporter Champion of the Year – Dormie Workshop, Halifax
- Business of Diversity Champion of the Year – Eleanor Beaton and Company Communications, Windsor
- Canadian Market Champion of the Year – Tony’s Meats, Antigonish
- International Market Champion of the Year – BlueLight Analytics, Halifax
- Innovation in Business Champion of the Year – InterTalk Critical Information Systems, Dartmouth
“The 2018 Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards celebrate a range of companies with new awards reflective of our diverse exports” said Laurel Broten, president and CEO of Nova Scotia Business Inc. “We’re proud to welcome a new group of well-deserving exporters to a cohort of over 200 businesses honoured since the awards began in 1983.”
The Nova Scotia Export Achievement Awards celebrate Nova Scotia companies and are presented by Nova Scotia Business Inc. and its sponsors.
Click here for more information about the awards.