NSBI announces 2013-14 annual results
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) released its 12th annual report today, Oct. 30, covering the fiscal period from April 1, 2013, to March 31, 2014.
The 2013-14 annual report measures NSBI against goals from its 2012-13 business plan.
Highlights of the report include:
- NSBI charted eleven payroll rebate transactions to attract new investment to the province and to help companies grow
- the average salary of projected jobs among payroll rebate clients is $56,014, exceeding the NSBI target of $45,000. This figure is 41 per cent higher than the average salary in Nova Scotia
- the fiscal year also saw clients report a 28 per cent increase over the previous year in the total actual and forecasted export sales, from $418 million to $534 million
- business financing clients saw a 7.5 per cent increase in export sales over the previous year
- NSBI charted five venture capital transactions. It also sold its shares in one of its venture capital portfolio companies, which more than doubled the investment.
For more information on NSBI's 2013-14 annual report, visit www.nsbi.ca/ar