New Pilot Program for Exporters
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
New Pilot Program for Exporters Announced
High-potential exporting firms in the province say strengthening their management expertise is a necessary step to compete in today's global economy.
That is why Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) is launching a pilot program to allow companies to bring on consultants with the professional expertise needed to support their export growth.
The Executive Management Growth Program will fund 75 per cent of eligible project costs, to a maximum of $50,000.
“The program is another way for the private sector to lead export growth and create jobs across the province,” said Geoff MacLellan, Minister of Business. “Propelled by strong export growth, expansion of Nova Scotia's strategic sectors, collaboration and innovation, we will see a stronger economy and ensure all Nova Scotians feel part of the momentum.”
Companies will work with a dedicated consultant on improving management of operations in respect to business areas such as strategy, operations, leadership skills/development, revenue generation, profitability, productivity or competitiveness.
“This new initiative is in response to our conversations and experiences in working with more than 700 businesses last year. We heard the challenges and are designing new programs to add to our existing services to support companies as they look to overcome obstacles standing in the way of export growth. This program is taking a comprehensive approach in identifying shifts required to develop high-performing operations for our emerging export clients to hire the expertise they need to build capacity and grow.”
— Laurel Broten, president and CEO of Nova Scotia Business Inc.
- with a budget of $350,000, this program was established with funding from Budget 2019 for NSBI to expand and enhance export development programming
- projects funded through this pilot must demonstrate a beneficial impact to business operations in Nova Scotia
- businesses are expected to commit the appropriate personnel, time, and financial resources necessary to develop and implement recommendations from its consultant as appropriate
- selection of the consultant is at the discretion of the applicant and will be assessed and approved by NSBI
- applications must be received no later than midnight on Nov. 12
Companies interested in applying for the Executive Management Growth Program should visit the Executive Management Growth Program page.