Trade Market Intelligence (TMI) Service
Trade Market Intelligence Special Reports
(click to download)
If you are looking for customized research on business opportunities in specific sectors and export markets, you may be eligible for NSBI’s Trade Market Intelligence (TMI) Service.
With a research team of sector specialists with access to leading proprietary databases, TMI helps Nova Scotia companies access trade intelligence to help identify export opportunities specific to their products, services, and markets of interest.
Types of export research TMI can assist with:
TMI is a secondary research service that can help address many types of questions including, but not limited to:
- Market characteristics such as demand, size, value and trends
- Competitor analysis
- Trade regulations, including import and export requirements
- Supply chain and logistics analysis
- Country economic and political overviews
- Industry certifications and standards
- Industry contacts, suppliers, wholesalers, distributors
- Tradeshows, events, and other promotional mediums
The following intelligence is outside the scope of the TMI Service: Primary research, sales prospect lists, price lists/models, private company revenues (estimates sometimes available). Note: Business development lists may be provided when lists can be pulled from our databases in accordance with our licensing Agreements and with no additional research required. Such listings cannot be vetted and their accuracy or completeness not guaranteed.
Primary vs. Secondary Market Research
Primary market research is obtained by contacting sources, such as customers or competitors, directly for information. Examples of primary research activities are: interviews, surveys, questionnaires, focus groups, and customer outreach. This type of research is not available through TMI.
Secondary market research consists of finding information already gathered or compiled by others. Examples of secondary research sources include: reports or studies published by research institutes, government agencies or trade associations; proprietary or publicly available databases; company websites, and media.
Who is eligible?
TMI is available to Nova Scotia companies working with or connected to a provincial Export Development Executive (EDE) or Regional Business Development Advisor (RBDA). Your contact will help guide the process, including completing a TMI application*.
What can you expect if your application is approved?
If your TMI request is approved, you will receive:
- One-on-one collaboration with an EDE/RBDA to evaluate research required to support your export strategy;
- One-on-one collaboration with the TMI Manager and Strategy & Research team at NSBI to refine your research objectives;
- A detailed report customized to your research needs.
The TMI service is provided at no cost to eligible Nova Scotia companies. The turn-around for approved projects is approximately 4-6 weeks. For more information, or to connect with an EDE or RBDA, contact 902-424-6650 / 1-800-260-6682.
* Applications will be assessed and prioritized by the TMI Manager in consultation with the EDE/RBDA and the client.