Trade Accelerator Program (TAP)
Attention: Registration for the Trade Accelerator Program is now open. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2022.
A training program to help Nova Scotia companies expand into international markets.
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with the Halifax Chamber of Commerce, is pleased to offer the next cohort of the Trade Accelerator Program.
The Trade Accelerator Program will be delivered in-person with three full-day sessions, concluding with three days of virtual one-on-one mentoring sessions. Participants will receive access to top industry experts, coaching to build a personalized export strategy, and a wide range of resources, tools, and training to prepare them to successfully expand into international markets.
- Explore New Markets - More than 71% of participants are now actively exporting in markets including China, India, Mexico, Japan, UK, Italy, and the United States.
- Grow Your Business - Businesses saw a 44% increase in export sales in one year after participating in the program.
- Build Confidence - Walk away with a comprehensive export plan and contacts in all the right place. Nearly 90% of participants declared themselves better prepared to do business internationally upon completing the program.
Companies must meet the following criteria:
- generate more than $500K in annual gross revenue
- are currently not exporting but has taken exploratory steps abroad; or
- are already exporting a product or service and wishes to increase its market share; or
- are motivated to expand to new markets
- have a product or service with a defined competitive advantage
- have two years of financial records
- have a good record of corporate social responsibility
The program fee is $5000 per company. However, through the generous support of sponsors, a bursary will be provided to participating companies to lower the cost to $499 plus HST.
TAP Cohort #6 begins February 14, 2022.
February 14, 2022: Market Identification and Entry, & Financial Support
February 15, 2022: Legal, Taxation, Logistics and Marketing
February 22, 2022: Building Your Export Plan
February 23 - March 11, 2022: Participants Write Export Plans
March 15 - March 25, 2022: Mentors Review Export Plans
March 28 - March 30, 2022: Virtual one-on-one mentoring sessions
Interested? Apply online or contact Yuliya Demish to learn more.