Trade Accelerator Program (TAP)
Attention: Registration for the Trade Accelerator Program is now open. Deadline to apply is September 23, 2022.
A training program to help Nova Scotia companies expand into international markets.
Nova Scotia Business Inc., in partnership with the Halifax Chamber of Commerce, is pleased to offer the next cohort of the Trade Accelerator Program – open to all Atlantic Provinces.
The Trade Accelerator Program will be delivered virtually with 7 half-day sessions, concluding with two days of virtual one-on-one mentoring sessions. Participants will receive access to top industry experts, coaching to build a personalized export strategy, and a wide range of resources, tools, and training to prepare them to successfully expand into international markets.
- Explore New Markets - More than 71% of participants are now actively exporting in markets including China, India, Mexico, Japan, UK, Italy, and the United States.
- Grow Your Business - Businesses saw a 44% increase in export sales two years after participating in the program.
- Build Confidence - Walk away with a comprehensive export plan and contacts in all the right place. Nearly 90% of participants declared themselves better prepared to do business internationally upon completing the program.
Companies must meet the following criteria:
- generate more than $500K in annual gross revenue
- are currently not exporting but has taken exploratory steps abroad; or
- are already exporting a product or service and wishes to increase its market share; or
- are motivated to expand to new markets
- have a product or service with a defined competitive advantage
- have two years of financial records
- have a good record of corporate social responsibility
The program fee is $5000 per company. However, through the generous support of sponsors, a bursary will be provided to participating companies to lower the cost to $499 plus HST.
TAP Cohort #7 begins October 4, 2022.
- October 4, 2022: Strategic Planning
- October 5, 2022: Support & Advisory Resources
- October 12, 2022: Sales & Marketing
- October 19, 2022: Legal & Tax Implications of Going Global
- October 26, 2022: International Finance
- November 1, 2022: Building Capacity & Supply Chain Management
- November 2, 2022: Sales & Marketing
- November 3 - 18, 2022: Participants Write Export Plans
- November 18, 2022: Final Export Plans Due
- November 21 - December 2, 2022: Mentors review Export Plans and provide feedback
- December 5 - 6, 2022: Virtual one-on-one mentoring sessions
Interested? Apply online or contact Jessica McCall to learn more.