Southern California Ocean Market Readiness Program
Grow your Ocean Technology business into Southern California
The intake period for the Southern California Ocean Market Readiness Program is now closed.
Through the Southern California Ocean Market Readiness Program, Braid Theory will work with Canadian Ocean Technology companies. Over a 4+ month period, participating companies will learn to expand their networks and grow sales and exports in Southern California through market intelligence, coaching and connections in market.
The program provides financial support through the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA) and project management support through Nova Scotia Business Inc. (NSBI) and the Consulate of Canada in San Diego, California, and the Association of British Columbia Marine Industries. The program is open to companies across Canada.
What does the Program offer?
With 4+ months of custom-designed services to support growth and market growth in the Southern California market, participating companies receive:
- Mentorship and expertise to help prepare for success in market
- A deeper understanding of the customer mindset
- Connections with decision-makers and purchase influencers to support scale efforts
- Development of a process for engaging leads in a virtual partnership and sales environment
- Assistance with a strategic sales pitch and product/service positioning
- Consistent communication, understanding how to relay critical information as it relates to business development opportunities, including virtual networking opportunities
- Determination of distinct milestones and monthly progress tracking
To participate in the Southern California Ocean Market Readiness Program, your company must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a registered Canadian company
- Have meaningful economic ties to Canada
- Have capacity for, and commitment to, internationalization
- Have potential to contribute significantly to the Canadian economy
- Be adequately funded to support expansion into the US
- Manufacture and/or assemble end products or provide services with a direct tie to the ocean technology sector that are competitive and differentiated
- Possess a fully-developed, exportable product and/or service that can be sold into the California market
Preference will be given to companies having 6 or more employees and are revenue generating (notional target $2+ million annually).
Diversity and Inclusion:
One of the priorities of the Government of Canada is the pursuit of diversified, modern and inclusive trade.
We encourage businesses owned or operated by under-represented groups (including women, indigenous, visible minority and LGBTQ+ entrepreneurs) to apply for the Southern California Ocean Market Readiness Program.
The selection committee, comprised of a diverse group of local ocean technology sector experts, will view ownership or leadership by under-represented groups as an asset in the selection of participants for this program.
The program registration fee is $500 +HST, and businesses must have the financial resources to commit to executing on their Southern California market strategy. Participants in the program will spend on average 2 hours a week in group or individual live virtual sessions with Braid Theory, plus significant time devoted to business development in market.
For a full list of eligibility requirements, please visit the Program Guidelines.
For further program details, please review the Southern California Ocean Market Readiness Program Guidelines or contact the following:
Export Development Executive, Ocean Technology
Nova Scotia Business Inc.
International Business Development Officer
Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
Director, Projects and Stakeholder Relations
Association of British Columbia Marine Industries
Trade Commissioner, Consulate of Canada in San Diego
Information and Communications Technologies, Ocean Technologies