Grow Export Program 2021
Helping Atlantic Canadian businesses be export ready.
The Grow Export 2021 Program is currently in session. Please contact Jessica McCall to learn more.
The Grow Export 2021 Program is an export readiness program that builds the export capacity of small businesses in Atlantic Canada with the goal of enabling long-term economic growth in the region. The short-term quantitative benefits for each organization is based on the services and training you receive. If you are selected for participation in the Grow Export 2021 Program, you receive:
- Support to develop an Export Monthly Action Plan (Export MAP) to guide export planning
- Targeted export educational sessions
- Customer Discovery - Identify potential early adopters and learn how to use qualitative market research methods to validate problem-market fit.
- Sales Training - Understanding the building blocks that build a solid sales organization, a repeatable sales process and creating a healthy sales funnel.
- Social Media – Learn how to leverage social media platforms to engage with customers and drive sales.
- E-commerce – Understand how your website and / or online store can increase sales.
- Export Budgeting /Cash Flow Projections - Core components, considerations and resources to help you prepare and manage your export market-entry strategy.
- Pricing Strategies for Export - How to price your product/service for export markets.
- Virtual Trade – Help your business thrive with this step-by-step guide to export growth in a virtual world. This will provide tools, in-depth knowledge, and a robust understanding of the best practices you need to thrive in an increasingly virtual world.
- Coaching opportunities on how to solve export challenges and enter foreign markets
- Educational Trade Mission to the US in March 2022
- Pre-mission sessions focused on how to prepare for the mission, elements required for planning, what to expect in market and follow up on international sales opportunities.
- Select meetings with Canadian government and business organizations in the target city.
- Opportunities for companies to visit sector-specific sites of interest including business incubation centres, accelerators, start-up zones, research centres, educational partners, advanced manufacturing centres and more.
- Education sessions in market on a range of issues related to doing business in the U.S., including Canadian Consular services, intellectual property protection, setting up U.S. entities, and sales strategies for the target market
- Post-mission follow-up with a matchmaker to assist with any additional support after B2B meetings.
The training component fee is $250 and covers the cost of your export training, support services and coaching. Travel to the educational sessions and any meetings are the responsibility of the participant. Due to Covid-19 all sessions will be delivered virtually via Zoom.
The Educational Trade Mission fee is $250. Participants are responsible for all costs associated with travel, meals, and accommodations; however, the Grow Export 2021 Program will reimburse 75% of the costs of air travel and accommodations for one participant per company once a travel claim is submitted with all receipts.
Critical Dates - Nova Scotia
June 2021 - Customer Camp – four online sessions
July 2021 – Sales Training – two online sessions
August 2021 – Social Media Training – two online sessions
September 2021 – E-Commerce Training – two online sessions
October 2021 – Export Cash Flow Training – two online sessions
November 2021 – Export Pricing Training – two online sessions
January 2022 – Virtual Trade Training – self directed training - online
March 2022 – Educational Trade Mission to the US – This will be an in-person mission depending on the status of the Covid 19 travel restrictions. Mission will be moved to a Virtual Educational Trade Mission if needed.
For complete program details, please refer to the Grow Export 2021 Program Guidelines