Export Growth Program
Does your business’ export plan include attending virtual trade shows or travel outside of the province?
The intake period for the Export Growth Program is currently closed.
NSBI remains committed to supporting the export efforts of our clients, and the Export Growth Program supports businesses looking to increase their export sales outside Nova Scotia. The program provides financial incentives for projects that assist a business’ ability to overcome barriers to export growth. This includes:
- Mitigating in-person and virtual trade show/conference costs by funding participation fees, conference fees and physical or virtual booth space.
- Supporting travel to a market within Canada before March 31, 2021 associated with visiting a client, potential partner, or investor.
- Inviting a client and/or potential partner from Canada to visit the Nova Scotia operation.
All eligible businesses are able to apply for 50% of eligible project costs to a maximum of $15,000 CAD per fiscal year. Businesses that have achieved revenue growth of at least 15% over the business’ prior complete fiscal year are eligible for 50% of eligible project costs to a maximum of $25,000 CAD per fiscal year. The business must validate that minimum revenue growth by providing NSBI with any one of the following:
- Review engagement financial statements for its previous complete fiscal year;
- Copies of the GST 34 return showing revenue on line 101 for its last complete fiscal year and the previous complete fiscal year; or
- Copies of the General Index of Financial Information form showing revenue on line 8299 for its last complete fiscal year and the previous complete fiscal year.
- Activities taking place within Canada will be considered (subject to provincial and federal COVID-19 protocols/restrictions).
- Projects that do not require physical presence internationally, such as virtual trade shows, will be considered.
- Many countries have put in place travel or border restrictions, such as movement restrictions and quarantines.
- Please refer to the Government of Canada’s link for the latest travel restrictions, exemptions and advice: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html.
- To limit the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Canada advises that Canadians avoid all non-essential travel outside the country until further notice.
- Project components that are of planned travel outside Canada WILL NOT be considered eligible for EGP at this time.
- Travel insurance providers no longer cover travel booked on or after March 13, 2020, when the official global travel advisory came into effect.
- New restrictions may be imposed with little warning. Travel plans may be severely disrupted and travelers may be forced to remain outside Canada longer than expected.
All projects must be completed, and claims submitted before March 31, 2021.
The Government of Nova Scotia’s privacy information practices for websites and online services applies to Nova Scotia Business Incorporated (NSBI). By using NSBI websites and online services, you accept the terms of the NSBI Privacy statement and the privacy statement on the Government website.
If you do not wish to use the internet to provide personal information to NSBI for this online service, you will be able to provide the information in another manner, such as a fillable PDF.
By continuing with your application, you consent to NSBI releasing your contact information to any third-party service providers retained for the purposes of evaluation of the program. This consent is valid whether your application is successful or not. You agree to being contacted by any such third-party service providers and will cooperate with them in the collection of information for evaluation of the program.
You further agree to release NSBI and its staff from any claims, causes of action, suits, actions and liabilities of every nature and kind whatsoever arising from, as a result of or in any way related to the aforementioned authorized release of contact information and subsequent collection and use of information. If you do not consent to the disclosure of your contact information, you cannot participate in this application.
Two-Step Identity Verification
We use two-step verification for our online forms. Each time you apply or submit a claim, you will be asked to:
- Enter your NSBI Customer Number and your associated email address to receive a one-time PIN number
- Enter the one-time PIN number to verify your identity and gain access to the online form