Europe Market Development Program
Making the Connection: Helping Atlantic Canadian Companies Diversify Export Sales
The Europe Market Development Program (EMDP) helps Atlantic Canada-exporting companies expand their presence and grow sales in new industry sectors and countries in Europe.
EMDP leverages opportunities under the Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA), which provides preferential access to export opportunities and economic growth.
Made possible by funding from the Government of Canada and the four Atlantic provinces, with support and facilitation from the Atlantic Chamber of Commerce.
What does the EMDP Program Offer?
- The EMDP offers eligible Atlantic Canada businesses access to: Up to a maximum of 20 days of individualized professional business development and in-market services within a 12-month period.
- Development of a Strategic Export Market Workplan including identification of pre-qualified contacts to executive level decision-makers.
- Dedicated services of an in-market business development professional to help drive sales generation and market development activities (virtually and/or in-person, depending on existing travel restrictions).
- Coordinated access to existing federal and provincial export development resources, and a network of export development officials.
- Short term access to free shared office space in locations across Europe - there spaces may also be made available to Atlantic Canadian companies not accessing the services of the in-market consultant.
Qualifying for the EMDP
- Successful applicants should be experienced exporter companies currently selling outside of Atlantic Canada. Companies should be prepared to demonstrate an organizational commitment to executing a Europe-focused export growth strategy within 12 months.
- Up to 12 companies will be accepted into the first cohort of the EMDP with the first round of applications beginning in June 2020. Further intake will occur on ongoing basis until the program reaches the annual limit of 28 companies
- Applicants will be interviewed by export development officers and upon acceptance into the program will be required to pay a non-refundable participation fee of $4,750.00 CAD plus HST.
- The EMD Program is designed to enhance existing federal and provincial export-support resources and programs. In some cases, applicants may be advised to explore complementary services or funding programs.
Apply Online by July 10, 2020
For program details please refer to the Guidelines or contact your respective provincial lead listed below:
Manager, Market Development
Nova Scotia Business Inc.
Atlantic Chamber of Commerce Inc.
Europe Market Development Program Manager
Opportunities NB / Opportunités NB