Digital Marketing Asset Development Program
The intake period for the Digital Marketing Asset Development Program is currently closed.
Supporting Nova Scotia’s clean tech companies with the development of digital marketing videos
NSBI acknowledges the impact COVID-19 has had on our clean tech companies that rely on international tradeshows, missions, and other face-to-face engagements to sell their products and services.
To help these companies mitigate some of the challenges faced by moving these in-person activities to a digital environment, NSBI has developed the Digital Marketing Asset Development Program (the “Program”).
Through financial and project management assistance, the Program seeks to support our clean tech companies with the development of custom digital marketing videos to elevate their international sales efforts and help them succeed in the new, increasingly competitive, digital sales reality.
What will the Program offer?
The program will provide support for a cohort of Nova Scotia’s clean tech companies to develop high-quality digital marketing videos to use in their digital marketing efforts.
Upon completion of the Program, participants receive:
- one (1) high-quality 2-3 minute digital marketing video (live action); and
- one (1) high-quality 10-30 second digital marketing video clip suitable for use on social media platforms.
Participating businesses will be required to pay a non-refundable Program participation fee of $500.00 plus HST.
NSBI will cover all video production and agency fees under the scope of the Program.
- Procure the agency for the Program
- Facilitate the relationship with the procured agency
- Distribute a discovery questionnaire to each company prior to meeting with the agency
- Host individual discovery meetings for each company with the agency to inform video creative briefs
- Offer project management assistance to each company throughout the production process
The Program application period will be open from Monday, January 24, 2022, to Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 10 a.m. Atlantic Time.
Successful applicants will be notified of acceptance to the Program by Friday, February 11, 2022.
The Program timeline goal is 7 weeks — beginning with acceptance into the Program and ending with the delivery of a custom digital marketing video.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a Nova Scotia registered business in good standing (current registration on the Registry of Joint Stock Companies; federally registered businesses with a head office registered in Nova Scotia may be eligible) with fewer than 100 FTEs in Nova Scotia
- Have a permanent establishment in Nova Scotia
- Have most of the workforce currently residing in Nova Scotia (some exceptions may apply)
- Be a product-based clean tech company who is commercially ready with the potential to sell outside of Nova Scotia, with the scope of "clean tech" including:
- Product/Solution Purpose is to Reduce Emissions or Environmental Harms — products or solutions that are specifically meant to reduce emissions or environmental harms
- Sustainably Produced Product — products or solutions that are created using sustainable methods
- Products That Directly Support Clean/Renewable Industries — products or services that are not reducing emissions/environmental harms in themselves but are supporting the activities of industries that do
Businesses NOT eligible for the program include:
- Publicly funded organizations
- Non-revenue generating not-for-profit organizations
Please read the following prior to applying: Digital Marketing Asset Development Program Guidelines