Digital Adoption Program
Keep pace with the changing nature of business.
The Digital Adoption Program supports Nova Scotia businesses to rapidly adopt digital tools and innovations to manage through impacts related to COVID-19. The Program provides financial incentives to Nova Scotia small businesses to:
- Build or improve their online presence to retain and create new sales opportunities and improve firm resilience and flexibility to keep pace with the changing nature of business; and
- Adopt digital tools and implement process improvements related to e-commerce solutions and to support remote working.
The Program contributes up to 50% of eligible costs to a maximum of $10,000 CAD. Minimum project cost is $2,000 CAD.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a Nova Scotia registered business in good standing (current registration on the Registry of Joint Stock Companies; federally registered businesses with a head office registered in Nova Scotia may be eligible) with less than 100 FTEs in Nova Scotia
- have a permanent establishment in Nova Scotia
- the majority of its workforce currently residing in Nova Scotia
- experienced a decline in revenue of at least 30% in April, May or June 2020 compared with the same month in 2019
- have a product/service with the potential to be sold outside of Nova Scotia
Applications for the Digital Adoption Program are accepted between June 15, 2020 and August 15, 2020. Applications must be received no later than 5:00pm (Atlantic Standard Time) on August 15, 2020. All projects must be completed, and claims submitted before October 31, 2020
Before You Apply
Please read the following prior to applying:
Project funding is discretionary and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
Online Form Features
During the online application or claim process, you will be asked to review and update the basic company information we have on file. This will ensure we have the most up-to-date information for processing your submissions.
As you complete the forms your responses are saved as a draft. This allows you to step away and resume later. To pick up where you left off, you will be sent an application number via email to access your draft. This feature also allows you to review your responses with your Regional Business Development Advisor prior to submitting.
The following browsers are recommended and supported: Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, and Apple Safari.
The Government of Nova Scotia’s privacy information practices for websites and online services applies to Nova Scotia Business Incorporated (NSBI). By using NSBI websites and online services, you accept the terms of the NSBI Privacy statement and the privacy statement on the Government website.
If you do not wish to use the internet to provide personal information to NSBI for this online service, you will be able to provide the information in another manner, such as a fillable PDF.
By continuing with your application, you consent to NSBI releasing your contact information to any third-party service providers retained for the purposes of evaluation of the program. This consent is valid whether your application is successful or not. You agree to being contacted by any such third-party service providers and will cooperate with them in the collection of information for evaluation of the program.
You further agree to release NSBI and its staff from any claims, causes of action, suits, actions and liabilities of every nature and kind whatsoever arising from, as a result of or in any way related to the aforementioned authorized release of contact information and subsequent collection and use of information. If you do not consent to the disclosure of your contact information, you cannot participate in this application.
Two-Step Identity Verification
We use two-step verification for our online forms. Each time you apply or submit a claim, you will be asked to:
- Enter your NSBI Customer Number and your associated email address to receive a one-time PIN number
- Enter the one-time PIN number to verify your identity and gain access to the online form
IMPORTANT: If this is your first program with NSBI or you don’t know your NSBI Customer Number, please contact your Regional Business Development Advisor to request this information.
Other ways to apply or submit a claim
If you’re unable to use the online form, you can use the PDF Application and Claim Form. Submit your completed application or claim and supporting documents according to the instructions on the form.
The PDF Application and Claim Forms are Adobe Fillable PDF forms. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and complete them. If you do not have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe's website.
You must save the file to your computer before completing it. You cannot complete it in a browser window because the information you enter may not save successfully.
Follow these steps:
- Right click on the applicable link below to save the form to your computer. (select "Save Link as" or "Save Target as"). Note where you save it.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader and open the form from the location you saved it.
- Complete the form by entering information in the fillable fields. Be sure to save the form from time to time as you fill it in.
Fill and Sign
If you are using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can Fill and Sign the form digitally. To do this follow these instructions:
- Click the "Fill & Sign" tool in the right-hand pane in Acrobat Reader (or choose "Tools" > "Fill & Sign" from the menu) You'll be asked to create your signature if one does not exist. You'll notice a "Sign" tool appear in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- When you are ready to sign, click “Sign” in the toolbar at the top of the page. Then draw, type, or choose an image for your signature if one doesn't already exist.
Once completed and signed, please submit your saved PDF file according to the instructions on the form.