Business Development Program
Would your business benefit from the services of a professional consultant?
The Business Development Program, formerly known as the Small Business Development Program, has been updated to include an additional stream to serve your Nova Scotia Business better. Please note businesses can only apply to Stream 1 OR Stream 2.
Stream 1: This stream supports the acquisition of a private-sector consultant to provide professional expertise to overcome a certain pain point keeping your business from growing.
- The minimum project cost for Stream 1 is $5,000
- Funding provided at 50% up to a maximum of $15,000 per fiscal
NEW - Stream 2: Focused on senior executives, this stream will help you and your company identify and develop the leadership skills needed to grow. Work with business experts to understand and address how to overcome barriers to successfully scale your company and increase sales.
- Companies must have a minimum of $500,000 in revenue to be eligible for this stream
- The minimum project cost for Stream 2 is $10,000
- Funding is provided at 75% up to a maximum of $30,000 per fiscal
- Companies are allowed one project per fiscal
*Applicants interested in Stream 2 should contact their Regional Development Advisor for more information and to apply.
Applications for the Business Development Program must be received by 5:00pm (Atlantic Standard Time) on January 15, 2021.
All projects must be completed, and claims submitted before March 31, 2021.
How to Apply to Stream 1:
Please read the following prior to applying:
The Business Development Program Application Form is an Adobe Fillable PDF form. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and complete this form. If you do not have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe's website.
You must save the file to your computer before completing it. You cannot complete it in a browser window because the information you enter may not save successfully.
Follow these steps:
- Right click on the link below to download and save the Business Development Program Application Form to your computer. (select "Save Link as" or "Save Target as"). Note where you save it.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader and open the Application Form from the location you saved it.
- Complete the form by entering information in the fillable fields. Be sure to save the form from time to time as you fill it in.
If you are using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can Fill and Sign the form digitally. To do this follow these instructions:
- Click the "Fill & Sign" tool in the right hand pane in Acrobat Reader (or choose "Tools" > "Fill & Sign" from the menu) You'll be asked to create your signature if one does not exist. You'll notice a "Sign" tool appear in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- When you are ready to sign, click “Sign” in the toolbar at the top of the page. Then draw, type, or choose an image for your signature if one doesn't already exist.
- Once completed and signed, please send your saved PDF file by email to the Regional Business Development Advisor for your region.
Stream 1: Business Development Program Application Form (Right-Click or Control-click for the Mac)
For complete program details or assistance in completing the application form, please contact the Regional Business Development Advisor in your region.
How to Apply to Stream 2:
- Please read the following prior to applying:
2. To apply, call or email the Regional Business Development Advisor in your region.
Project funding is discretionary and will be awarded on a competitive basis.