Business Development Program
Program fiscal year (1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021)
Would your business benefit from the services of a professional consultant?
The intake period for the Business Development Program is currently closed
The Business Development Program offers two streams to support your business growth. Businesses can choose between Stream 1 OR Stream 2, but not both.
Stream 1: This stream supports the acquisition of a private-sector consultant to provide professional expertise to overcome a certain pain point keeping your business from growing.
- The minimum project cost for Stream 1 is $5,000
- Funding provided at 50% up to a maximum of $15,000 per program fiscal year
Stream 2: Focused on senior executives, this stream will help you and your company identify and develop the leadership skills needed to grow. Work with business experts to understand and address how to overcome barriers to successfully scale your company and increase sales.
- Companies must have a minimum of $500,000 in revenue to be eligible for this stream
- The minimum project cost for Stream 2 is $10,000
- Funding is provided at 75% up to a maximum of $30,000 per program fiscal year
- Companies are allowed one project per program fiscal year
The Government of Nova Scotia’s privacy information practices for websites and online services applies to Nova Scotia Business Incorporated (NSBI). By using NSBI websites and online services, you accept the terms of the NSBI Privacy statement and the privacy statement on the Government website.
If you do not wish to use the internet to provide personal information to NSBI for this online service, you will be able to provide the information in another manner, such as a fillable PDF.
By continuing with your application, you consent to NSBI releasing your contact information to any third-party service providers retained for the purposes of evaluation of the program. This consent is valid whether your application is successful or not. You agree to being contacted by any such third-party service providers and will cooperate with them in the collection of information for evaluation of the program.
You further agree to release NSBI and its staff from any claims, causes of action, suits, actions and liabilities of every nature and kind whatsoever arising from, as a result of or in any way related to the aforementioned authorized release of contact information and subsequent collection and use of information. If you do not consent to the disclosure of your contact information, you cannot participate in this application.
Two-Step Identity Verification
We use two-step verification for our online forms. Each time you apply or submit a claim, you will be asked to:
Submit a Claim
Other ways to apply
Other ways to apply to Stream 1:
If you’re unable to use the online form, you can use the PDF Application Form. Submit your completed application and supporting documents according to the instructions on the form.
The PDF Application Form is an Adobe Fillable PDF forms. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open and complete it. If you do not have the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can download it for free from Adobe's website.
You must save the file to your computer before completing it. You cannot complete it in a browser window because the information you enter may not save successfully.
Follow these steps:
- Right click on the applicable link below to save the form to your computer. (select "Save Link as" or "Save Target as"). Note where you save it.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat Reader and open the form from the location you saved it.
- Complete the form by entering information in the fillable fields. Be sure to save the form from time to time as you fill it in.
Fill and Sign
If you are using the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader, you can Fill and Sign the form digitally. To do this follow these instructions:
- Click the "Fill & Sign" tool in the right-hand pane in Acrobat Reader (or choose "Tools" > "Fill & Sign" from the menu) You'll be asked to create your signature if one does not exist. You'll notice a "Sign" tool appear in the toolbar at the top of the page.
- When you are ready to sign, click “Sign” in the toolbar at the top of the page. Then draw, type, or choose an image for your signature if one doesn't already exist.
Once completed and signed, please submit your saved PDF file according to the instructions on the form.
Other ways to apply to Stream 2:
To apply to Stream 2, please call or email the Regional Business Development Advisor in your region.
Project funding is discretionary and will be awarded on a competitive basis.
- Business Development Program Guidelines
- Business Development Program FAQ