Innovation in Business Champion of the Year Award
Innovation in Business Champion of the Year Award - Eligibility and Evaluation Criteria
Presented to a business that has demonstrated sustainable growth of export markets because of adaption of their product or service to meet market demand within the past two (2) years.
- Business must be currently exporting a product or service outside of Nova Scotia.
- Business must have made a deliberate, innovate development or change to their product or service to increase their export sales for a new export market.
- Business must be registered in Nova Scotia (NSRJS) or federally within Canada.
- Business must be actively operating in Nova Scotia for a minimum of two (2) years.
- A majority of the business must be headquartered in Nova Scotia or if not headquartered in Nova Scotia, must have three (3) or more Nova Scotia based FTE’s.
- Product or service exported must contain majority Nova Scotia content.
- Publicly funded organizations are not eligible.
- Demonstrate increase in total sales and export revenues over the past two (2) years achieved through a change to the company’s product or service.
- Demonstrate that the innovation was affected within the last two (2) years.
- Demonstrate the role of innovation in successfully supporting the firm’s export strategy through changes to the company’s product / service.
- Demonstrate how the company overcame barriers/obstacles in entering or expanding operations internationally.
- Demonstrate net incremental returns to the Nova Scotia economy.
- Demonstrate strategy/plan for overall export growth.